Postmortem toxicology testing services support the medical examiner and coroner community to examine autopsy specimens and identify the presence and quantity of therapeutic and illicit drugs and other toxic substances that might have resulted in the individual’s death.
NMS Labs is the leading provider of postmortem toxicology testing services and has over 50 years of experience in the field. We strictly follow forensic standards and employ state-of-the-art technology to provide results quickly and efficiently.
Postmortem Toxicology Portfolio
NMS Labs offers forensic toxicology testing services in support of exhaustive medicolegal death investigation so you can be confident in your conclusions.
Our postmortem toxicology panels range across:
Our Basic Panel covers:
- Commonly abused illicit drugs
- Commonly abused prescription drugs
- Defined scope
Our Expanded Panel includes the full Basic Panel plus:
- Expanded coverage of prescription and illicit drugs
- Prevalent designer drugs
- Allows for active surveillance of Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS)
- Regular updates to emerging designer drug library
Our NMS TotalTox Panel consists of the Expanded and Basic Panel offerings plus:
- Most comprehensive scope of the current compounds
- Advantages over expanded panel with one add-on compound requested:
- Automatic confirmations for NPS compounds
- Faster turnaround time
- Lower list price
- Testing for emerging NPS compounds:
- Designer opioids such as carfentanil
- Designer Benzodiazepines
- Designer hallucinogens/stimulants
What is the definition of prevalent designer drugs, emerging NPS, and NPS surveillance?
Prevalent: Long-term compounds consistently present for 2 years or more
Emerging NPS: Compounds newly identified within 3-6 months
NPS Surveillance: Supplemental screening for emerging NPSs
At NMS Labs, our R&D labs and the Center for Forensic Science Research and Education (CFSRE) are continuously monitoring and updating testing panels to include the most prevalent, newly emerging drugs that have the potential for misuse. From simplified to comprehensive testing panels, we are here for all your needs.
Expanded Panel Update
The Expanded Panel (8052B) now includes testing for para-fluorofentanyl and flualprazolam. Due to the increased positivity rates NMS Labs has seen for these two psychoactive substances, they are now included as part of the testing for the Expanded Panel in addition to the NMS Total Tox Panel.
Click here for the analytes tested in the Expanded Panel.
Why do you need high-quality postmortem toxicology testing?
- The landscape of drug use is continually changing with the rapid production and distribution of synthetic drugs and new types of prescribed and over-the-counter medications and designer drugs.
- NPS and changing drug trends require custom testing resources with a specialized focus on staying up-to-date with these new trends.
- NMS Labs provides strict processes and procedures with ABFT and ANAB accreditations to help you meet these needs.
NMS Labs understands the importance of providing results in a timely and accurate manner and is uniquely positioned to monitor drug trends.
We provide you with the most up-to-date resources, expertise, and technology to give you the answers you need in a timely manner.
Working with NMS Labs gives you access to:
- Dedicated expert staff trained in forensic toxicology
- Broad scope of testing for unique compounds
- Consultative support
Why Choose NMS Labs?
NMS Labs is the leading provider of postmortem and esoteric tests and services. We keep pace with the rapidly evolving drug landscape by continuously gathering data and updating our panels to meet customer requirements.
Sign up for Webinars
NMS Labs offers a comprehensive menu of forensic toxicology laboratory tests to support your forensic testing and clinical drug monitoring programs associated with postmortem toxicology.