Enhancing Healthcare Through Specialized Services
NMS Labs is the nation’s premier independent provider of laboratory testing services, specializing in clinical toxicology and other vitally important areas of esoteric diagnostics testing. These outstanding services can help enhance your diagnosis, care, and even your patient’s treatment.
With prescription and illicit drug use on the rise in the United States, high-quality clinical and toxicology testing from NMS Labs will help hospitals effectively and efficiently manage patients. High-complexity and LC-MS/MS confirmatory services require significant capital investment and scientific expertise and are typically not performed in high volumes in a hospital laboratory.
Benefits of Outsourcing Clinical and Toxicology Testing Services
- Hospital laboratories can focus on the clinical assays that require a fast-turnaround time to improve patients’ clinical outcomes
- Retain control over test menu and utilization
- Hospitals can continue to focus on outreach services
- Maintain clinical satisfaction with access to professional consultative services in laboratory medicine
- Maintain or improve cost efficiency with focus on clinical tests that make a difference
NMS Labs offers a wide range of diagnostic tests and expertise, with a focus toward specialty areas such as:
- Prescription Drugs
- OTC drugs
- Drugs of Abuse
- Novel Psychoactive Substances
- Poisons and metals
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Endocrine Disruptors
- Pediatric testing
To learn more contact us at 1-866-522-2206 / CSTIQ@nmslabs.com
We utilize state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies such as LC-MS/MS, ICP/MS, cell-based assays, and the highest quality instrumentation available.
Our capabilities cover unique sample types, including tissues and all biological fluids.
Partner with NMS Labs Today
With NMS Labs as your partner, you can keep your trial moving forward cost effectively and more efficiently.
Call 1-866-522-2206 or email us at email@example.com any time to connect with one of our highly respected board-certified clinical chemists and toxicologists about your current or upcoming trial.
Neonatal Drug Testing
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) is caused when a baby is exposed to drugs during the course of pregnancy. It can present itself at birth in a variety of different ways, including, but not limited to: tremors, seizures, twitching, tight muscle tone, excessive crying, poor feeding, rapid breathing, etc. NMS Labs provides the most wide-ranging umbilical cord test for drugs of abuse:
- Comprehensive Drug Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue (9145UC)
- Expanded Drug Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue (9352UC)
- Basic Drug Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue (9351UC)
- Ethyl Glucuronide Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue (9146UC)
Advantages of NMS Labs’ Umbilical Cord Drug Testing:
- Critical to managing health of a fetus suspected of suffering from NAS — Determining if a fetus was exposed to drugs in utero and which specific substances is important to ensure the baby receives safe and appropriate treatment
- More readily available than meconium — Meconium testing can be unreliable as it may take days to pass or may even pass in utero, rendering collection impossible. Multiple collections over time may be needed to have an adequate sample.
- Easy to collect — Using specimen collection kits, it takes just a couple of minutes to collect, prepare and send off a sample for testing.
- Fast turnaround — Set-up days are Monday through Friday, and turnaround for negative screens is 24 hours; positive screens will automatically be tested for confirmation, producing results within 72 hours.
- Most comprehensive screen available — NMS Labs offers a qualitative forensic screen and confirmation that can test for up to 57 compounds across 13+ classes of drugs in an accurate, scientific manner, including:
|Drug Class||Comprehensive Drug Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue (9145C)||Expanded Drug Screen Umbilical Cord Tissue (9353UC)||Basic Drug Screen Umbilical Cord Tissue (9351UC)|
|Total # of Analytes||57||31||13|
Value of Ordering a Comprehensive Drug Screen, Umbilical Cord Tissue
Case Study: Mother gave birth to a baby girl who showed symptoms of neonatal drug withdrawal
- Mother had a previous history of abusing carisoprodol
- Mother denied drug use and referred back to her urine screening throughout her pregnancy, which was negative
- Comprehensive screen was conducted with the baby - Identified carisoprodol via identification of its metabolite, meprobamate
- Mother, on the same screen, was negative
- Child protective services intervened and placed the child in the care of other family members. The next day the mother was found semi-unresponsive in the hospital lobby and said she had taken carisoprodol
Value of NMS Labs Neonatal Umbilical Cord Tissue Drug Screens
- Largest scope available
- Inclusion of Fentanyl and three Novel Psychoactive substances
- Carisoprodol & Meprobamate, and Dextromethorphan
- Improved Screening Specificity – LC-MS/MS Screen (Not ELISA)
- EDI Interface
- Provides immediate diagnostic insight
- Increases efficiency and reduces error
- Meets client turnaround requirements of 24 and 72 hours